How Do You Design a Small Bathroom?
A bathroom remodel isn’t a project you tackle every day, so when you’re considering one, it’s important to give it ample forethought and plan ahead. That way, you’ll be sure to have a new bathroom that you’ll love for many years into the future. Taking the time to explore bathroom remodeling ideas can help you plan for your project, choose the right fixtures and accessories, and find the perfect look for your new space. If you’re planning to remodel a small bathroom in your home, consider the following ideas from the design-build professionals at Frey Construction.
When it comes to designing new elements for your small bathroom, the key is to maximize your available space. Some ways in which you can accomplish this include:
- Installing a corner sink or a pedestal sink rather than a large vanity
- Opting for a shower door that slides rather than swings
- Hanging a large mirror above the sink rather than a small medicine cabinet
- Painting the walls a light, cool color such as white, off-white, or ivory. Not only will this help the room feel larger, but keeping things neutral in color will allow you to swap out other decorative elements down the road without having to re-renovate the entire space
- Using shelves rather than cabinets can help the space open while still providing storage space
- Installing a window or skylight if possible. Also, if you do have windows, use light-colored blinds rather than curtains to keep things sleek and minimal.
- Opting for flush-mounted light fixtures over ones that hang
Ready to Get Started on Your Small Bathroom Remodel?
If you would like more information about how you can make the most of a small bathroom in your home with a Quick & Painless remodel, contact the home improvement experts at Frey Construction. Since 1995, we’ve helped countless homeowners throughout Madison, Wisconsin, and surrounding areas by providing full-spectrum design-build services, top-tier products, and comprehensive warranty coverage. From initial design to finishing details, Frey Construction is the company to trust for a flawless small bathroom remodel.
Contact us today to learn more.