Engineered Wood Siding
LP® SmartSide® products deliver all the warmth and beauty of traditional wood, plus the durability and workability of engineered wood. Our SmartGuard® manufacturing process actually improves upon nature, creating products that are engineered for strength, performance and protection against fungal decay and termites. The LP SmartSide family features four distinct product collections, all backed by an industry-leading 5/50 Year Transferable Limited Warranty.
There are so many reasons to have LP SmartSide trim and wood siding installed on your home. It’s a beautiful choice that helps add true craftsmanship and warm appeal to any style of home.
How it is Green
- LP SmartSide products are made from wood – a renewable, natural resource.
- Our wood procurement process targets small, fast growing trees that can be replenished more quickly than older, larger trees.
- LP uses SFI® certified forest management and fiber sourcing systems to help ensure that our wood comes from well-managed forests.
- The entire log is used in our manufacturing process. All wood waste is repurposed or used to help fuel our mills.
- We only use low-emitting, safe resins in the manufacture of LP SmartSide and do not add any urea formaldehyde.
- Our proprietary SmartGuard® manufacturing process utilizes zinc borate to help protect against fungal decay and termites.
- LP SmartSide products can help builders reduce waste on the jobsite:
- The absence of knots helps reduce scrap woodpiles.
- Longer product lengths reduce the number of pieces needed.
- Extreme durability means less material lost to breakage.
- LP SmartSide products may help builders qualify for certification points in a number of leading green building programs.